Facebook has recently changed the way they deliver checkin/location data. Instead of sending one location for each place, they’re now sending multiple checkins with duplicate coordinates (one for every photo you uploaded for example). This has caused our import process to break in some cases.
If you’re creating a map from your Facebook checkins and the places aren’t displaying in the map, try the import again and uncheck any duplicate places in the list on the import page (leave the first one checked). Then create your map and the import should work correctly.
Absolutely. If you do not have a Facebook account or choose to create a standalone Tripline account that is your choice. We do encourage the use of Facebook Connect as it allows you to maintain the relationships you’ve already created within Facebook, but that’s up to you.
To create an account without connecting to Facebook, just click [sign up] on the home page. That will take you to the registration page where you can create a new account.
No. When you connect your Tripline account to Facebook, only your Facebook friends who are already using Tripline will be added as your Tripline friends. You can remove them individually if you want. Also, we won’t send out emails to your whole list of non-Tripline Facebook friends or anything like that. We will notify your Facebook friends who are already on Tripline that you’ve signed up.
If you’re trying to sign up with Tripline using Facebook Connect and you’re seeing someone else’s information on the Sign Up page, that’s probably because someone else is signed in to Facebook on the computer you’re using.
Here’s what to do:
- Go to http://www.facebook.com (you’ll probably be logged in as someone else, so don’t do anything sneaky)
- At the top right of the Facebook page, click on “Account” and then “Logout”
- Sign in to Facebook as yourself
- Go back to http://www.tripline.net and click on “Connect with Facebook”
- You should see a dialog asking you to authorize Tripline to access your Facebook account.
- Click “Allow” and proceed to Tripline Sign Up. You should now see your Facebook account info on the SIgn Up page